Are you interested in a psychological assessment for yourself or someone you know?
We provide comprehensive psychological tests and evaluations for children, adolescents, and adults. A full assessment can help to determine whether the presenting issue is really a clinical concern – not just immaturity, typical developmental issues, or lack of adaptive study skills.
What kind of testing does MHC offer?
Typical areas we assess: general intelligence (IQ), academic skills (reading, writing, comprehension, math, listening, spelling), learning style, memory, executive functioning, attention, social functioning, and emotional and behavioural difficulties.
What does the testing process involve?
While there is variability in testing depending on your specific concern(s), core elements of the assessment process include:
- 1-hour clinical interview and observation to get background and history
- 1-2 hours of face-to-face testing (IQ, learning style, executive functions, memory, cognitive processing, and personality)
- Several paper-and-pencil questionnaires & behavioural checklists
- School observation (if applicable)
- 1-hour feedback session to discuss results and recommendations
How does the testing day look?
The testing day depends on the areas we will assess, but in general, testing days consist of brain games, puzzles, academic work such as reading and writing, and clinical interviews. Your psychologist will guide you through what the testing day will look like and how to prepare yourself or your child for it.
If you or your child may be struggling with a learning disorder, attention difficulties, or other psychological & cognitive concerns, please contact us to discuss how psychological testing could be helpful.