The following links are listed to provide you with additional online mental health care information. Please also check the additional links provided for physical health for a more comprehensive understanding of your over-all well-being. The following is not meant to be a comprehensive list, nor is it an endorsement of the content of the sites.
Associations & Institutes
- Australian Psychological Society
- Australian Clinical Psychology Association
- SANE Australia
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Eating Disorders Association
- National Women’s Health Resource Center
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
Suicide Awareness and Hotlines
- Suicide Call Back Service
- Lifeline Australia – 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention telephone service.
- Mental Health Line
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Phoenix Australia: Centre for Posttraumatic Mental Health
- National Center for PTSD Real Warriors (U.S. Department of Defense)— for veterans and their families
- The Gift From Within
- Sidran Institute
- The Recovery Village
Maternal and Paternal Mental Health
- Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Australia (PANDA)
- COPE (Centre for Perinatal Excellence)
- MensLine Australia
- Fatherhood Institute
- Fathers Forum
- Karitane– provide education and support on the unique challenges of parenting to mums and dads with children from birth to 5 years of age.
- Raising Children Network
Youth Mental Health
- DrugWatch.com provides up-to-date information about prescription and over-the-counter medications, including details about associated side effects.
- Drugalert.org is a comprehensive database with information and news alerts about potentially dangerous drugs currently on the market or previously available worldwide.
- Mothersafe provides a comprehensive counseling service for women and their healthcare providers concerned about exposures during pregnancy and breastfeeding.